Revision as of 16:40, 22 November 2016 by Brian.sanders
The Tormeck is an incredibly capable sharpening tool and unlike grinding on a high speed grinder, it will protect the metal hardness of the cutting tool while restoring a damaged or dull blade. The jigs will insure proper angles on a blade.
This is not a standard grinder. It is a low speed water grinder. The stone wheel can be have an effective 220 or 1000 grit surface. Read the manuals for more information
Before using the tool, understand these rules:
- Never operated the tool without water.
- Read the manuals before operation.
- Suggested: Talk to someone who has used it before for a quick hands-on in person tutorial, about 10 minutes.
- Suggested Videos to watch:
-These videos do not replace reading the manuals!!
- Overview of the T-7 (TinkerMill has a T-8 the newest model):
- T-8 features highlights:
- Outline of the different Jigs. There are PDFs of the relevant jigs for proper usage associated with each jig page.
- Sharpening Chisels: