The Tormeck is an incredibly capable sharpening tool and unlike grinding on a high speed grinder, it will protect the metal hardness of the cutting tool while restoring a damaged or dull blade. The jigs will insure proper angles on a blade.
Before using the tool, understand these rules:
- Never operated the tool without water.
- Read the manuals before operation.
- Talk to someone who has used it before for a quick hands-on in person tutorial, about 10 minutes.
- Suggested Videos to watch:
-These videos do not replace reading the manuals!!
- Overview of the T-7 (TinkerMill has a T-8 the newest model): http://www.tormek.com/en/machines/t7/t7_intro.php
- T-8 features highlights: http://www.tormek.com/en/machines/t8/index.php
- Outline of the different Jigs: http://www.tormek.com/en/jigs/index.php
- Sharpening Chisels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZtNnI7bA0