The photography shop is dedicated to the science and art of making images. Currently captained by Bob Rosinsky. You can find more about classes in the Photography studio on our Meetup calendar here--> 
Photography Shop Specifics
The shop is equipped with an Epson P800 wide format printer. It's capable of making archival exhibition quality prints up to 17" X 22." In addtion to the Epson, there is a dedicated "snapshot" printer (HiTi P520L) that produces high quality 4" X 6" prints.
The photo editing workstation (loaded with Adobe PhotoShop CC) features a color-calibrated sRGB monitor, so a picture displayed on the monitor matches closely with output from either printer.
Certification is required to have access to the HiTi dye sublimation printer and/or the Epson P800 printer.
Certification is not required for access to Photoshop. However please observe the following.
1) Do not adjust settings on the monitor; 2) Do not store files on the PC; 3) Leave the ambient LED lights set to 6500K; 4) When finished, please ensure the room is tidy, lights are shut off, the door is closed.
- Photography Shop Orientation/Level-1 Certification
- Introduction to Wide Format Printing on the Epson/Level-2 Certification
- Black and White Wide Photo Printing on the Epson
- Black and white Analog Film to Digital (process negatives, digitize, and print)
- RAW Processing in Adobe PhotoShop
- Using a Digital Camera in Manual Mode: Shutter, Aperture, and ISO
- PhotoShop Clinic
- Preparing Photographs for the Web
If one of the above classes does not appear on the meetup calendar, or you are interested in an aspect of photography contact Bob on Slack or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are future plans for the following workshops.
- Dog Photography
- Product Photography
- Fine Art Documentation
- Macro Photography: Single Shot and Focus Stacking
- Tips for Taking Better Snapshots During the Holiday Season
Donation Wish List
- Digital camera, preferable formats: APS, FF 35mm, MFT
- Analog 35mm camera in tip-top condition
- Strobe/flash equipment
- Grip equipment: medium to heavy duty light stands, gaffers tape, flags, reflectors, etc.
- Black and white 35mm film (Ilford, Kodak, Arista Educational)
- Epson inkjet printing paper (Premium Luster, Premium Glossy, Fine Art)
PLEASE contact Bob prior to donating equipment and/or consumables.