Revision as of 14:16, 2 January 2017 by Brian.sanders
Powermatic Drum Sander PM2244
(Still under construction)
1. Get trained on this tool before use. It is a highly precise tool. Respect the tool.
2. You must use your own sandpaper roll. Get trained on how to load the paper. Each roll of abrasive is about 13 bucks per roll.
3. Always clean the abrasive sandpaper roll after each use.
4. Do not make adjustments to the alignment or tables. Contact a shop captain for help first if something looks out of alignment. Users should only need to adjust the feed speed and height.
5. Pay attention to manufacturer specified maximum and minimum dimensions for stock:
Maximum board width: single pass: 22 in. (559 mm); two passes – 44 in. (1188 mm) Maximum board thickness: 4 in. (102 mm) Minimum board length: 2-3/8 in. (60 mm) Minimum board thickness: 1/32 in. (0.8 mm)
Abrasives: Sandpaper rolls can be purchased on Amazon or the internet. Locally sourced rolls are hard to find. Edit this page if you find out where they can be found locally. Two links to get started. http://www.amazon.com/Powermatic-1792207-180-Grit-Pre-Cut-Abrasive/dp/B01DK43HQQ
Manufacture and Relevant Video:
Decent Drum Sander overview for a different model than what we have. Reference the Powermatic abrasive loading and feeding instructions.
TM Usage Video: