From TinkerMill Wiki
The Classroom at Tinkermill is an evolving space to support multiple purposes with a focus on learning and Tinkermill promotion.
- Early thoughts for the space include:
- - A space for younger members of Tinkermill, existing organizations for youth and school groups in the area. The classroom has the potential for kids to experience Tinkermill as a STEAM makerspace and entreprenureal training ground (e.g. "Junior Achievement" and tech competitions) in a safe and structured environment (and without a parent attached to their hip.)
- - A community meeting room for Longmont and surrounding locale. e.g. space rental
- - A scaled back facsimile of Tinkermill (mini-shops) or just colorful posters to introduce our capabilities during public and personal tours and member meetings that could help bring into focus the often overwhelming nature of the larger space.
- - An area for painting on easels
- - An all-purpose room - easily configurable
- - Movies, presentations, theatre
- - Games
- - Public computer (instead of at the front door)
- - Building models, hobbies, paper-type crafts, holiday activities (halloween, e.g.)
- - Member meetings (of course)
- - "U-Fix-It" bench
- - Table-top photography
- - Classes
- -- Projects
- -- Theory
- - Kids memberships?
- - Fund-raisers (holiday, seasonal, etc.)
- - Community event - space rental